10 Şubat 2012 Cuma

FOR AND SINCE

Fill the spaces in the following sentences by using for or since.
1 We've been fishing . . . two hours.
2 I've been working in this office . . . a month.
3 They've been living in France . . . 1970.
4 He has been in prison . . . a year.
5 I've known that . . . a long time.
6 That man has been standing there . . . six o'clock.
7 She has driven the same car . . . 1975.
8 Things have changed . . . I was a girl.
9 The kettle has been boiling . . . a quarter of an hour.
10 The central heating has been on . . . October.
11 That trunk has been in the hall . . . a year.
12 He has been very ill . . . the last month.
13 I've been using this machine . . . twelve years.
14 We've been waiting . . . half an hour.
15 Mr Pitt has been in hospital . . . his accident.
16 He hasn't spoken to me . . . the last committee meeting.
17 I have been very patient with you . . . several years.
18 They have been on strike . . . November.
19 The strike has lasted . . . six months.
20 It has been very foggy . . . early morning.
21 They have been quarrelling ever . . . they got married.
22 I've been awake . . . four o'clock.
23 I've been awake . . . a long time.
24 We've had no gas . . . the strike began.
25 I've earned my own living . . . I left school.
26 Nobody has seen him . . . last week.
27 The police have been looking for me . . . four days.
28 I haven't worn low-heeled shoes . . . I was at school.
29 He had a bad fall last week and . . . then he hasn't left the house.
30 He has been under water . . . half an hour.
31 That tree has been there . . . 2,000 years.
32 He has been Minister of Education . . . 1983.
33 I've been trying to open this door . . . forty-five minutes.
34 He hasn't eaten anything . . . twenty-four hours.
35 We've had terrible weather . . . the last month.
36 Nobody has come to see us . . . we bought these bloodhounds.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder