17 Şubat 2012 Cuma

PAST PERFECT OR SIMPLE PAST

Complete the following sentences in "The Past Perfect Simple", using "The Correct Forms of the Verbs" on the list
below.
A. WASH, WRITE, TELL, PAY, DRINK, FORGET, SPEND, WORK, EAT, WATER
1) As soon as I................................ the bill, I left the restaurant.
2) When I.................................. the beer, I threw the empty bottle away.
3) I got wet because I................................to take my umbrella with me.
4) I couldn't afford to buy a new shirt because I........ .............. all my money
5) After I......................... .... a letter to Peter, I put it into an envelope and posted it.
6) 6. The gardener told us to keep off the grass because he........................ .....it.
7) 7. He bought his villa after he ................ ... .. for ten years in England.
8) 8. When I went home, my parents .................................. their dinner.
9) 9. She went to sleep after her father............ ...... her the story.
10) 10. He. .... .... ............. his hands before he had lunch.
B. SEE, TAKE, PASS, HAVE, PREPARE, FLY, ARREST, PUT OUT, FEED, RECOVER
1) When I told the doctor that I ...... .... ................. earache for nearly a month, he gave me a prescription,
2) 2. After she ................................. her driving test, she bought a car.
3) John said that he..................... ..... .. that film before.
4) We .................................... to Athens before we took the terry boat to Izmir.
5) I .......... just.................. from the chicken pox when 1 caught measles last month.
6) We discovered that we .................................. the wrong road at the beginning of the trip.
7) She wondered if the police ............. ..... .......... the thief before dawn broke.
8) Linda .................................. the meal before she left the house.
9) When the fire engines arrived, the children ...... ... already ................... the fire.
10) After she ........................... ... the animals, she went for a walk in the woods.
C LOSE, WANT, GATHER, COMMIT, BREAK INTO, DIE, START, EXAMINE, BE, SET
1) Most of the tables were occupied and the guests ........... already... .... . eating their meals.
2) I.................................... to take a good holiday this year but 1 wasn't able to get away
3) He expected people to be sympathetic because his mother......................................
4) He............................... a newspaper reporter before he became a businessman.
5) The anthropolist left the village when he ... ... .... ......... enough data.
6) When we got back, we discovered that someone ................................... our house.
7) After the doctor.................................... my leg, he told me that it was broken.
8) When I questioned the boy he said he didn't know where he ...................................... his cap.
9) The sun .................................... in the west before we reached our destination.
10) The prisoner confessed that he ..... ..... ...... .. the crime.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder