23 Mart 2012 Cuma

ADJECTIVES ADVERBS

EXERCISE l:   Choose the correct one.
1.    She is always complaining about something, and I'm beginning to find her
complaints rather..........
A) annoyed                          B) annoying
2.    The scenery along the road was really wonderful. We were all... by it.
A) fascinated                       B) fascinating
3.    If something isn't realized as planned, I feel.......
A) frustrated                         B) frustrating
4.    The 8 o'clock news last night was rather........
A) depressed                        B) depressing
5.    I was......... by the bloody war scenes from all over the world.
A) disgusted                         B) disgusting
6.    Grandma often tells the children stories. The children find them.......
A) amused                           B) amusing
7.    We worked hard all day long, and we felt..... afterwards.
A) exhausted                        B) exhausting
8.    I stepped on a woman's foot while dancing, and I felt very.... when she looked
at me angrily.
A) embarrassed                    B) embarrassing
9.    I usually find it........ to ask someone for money.
A) embarrassed                    B) embarrassing
10.  I believe being given a reward Is...... for almost all people.
A) stimulated                       B) stimulating
11.  I noticed that the children were....... to clean the garden after my offering them a
cake for the Job.
A) motivated                        B) motivating
12.  The detective film on TV last night was really.......
A) thrilled                            B) thrilling
13.  Last week, the square was....... with people waiting to see their party leader.
A) crowded                            B) crowding
14.  "What do they call....... grapes in English?"      "Raisins."
A) dried                                 B) drying
15.  Little Susie seemed rather........ when I explained to her the difficulties of being a.
flight attendant.
A) discouraged                    B) discouraging
16.  They say the Illegally...... villas along the Bosphorus will be pulled down.
A) constructed                     B) constructing
17.  I didn't find his explanations....... at all.
A) convinced                         B) convincing
18.  I don't think the police are trying hard enough to find the..... people.
A) lost                                  B) losing
19.  I hate to be the supporter of a....... team in a match.
A) lost                                  B) losing
20.  She urged me to try, and I found her ideas very........
A) encouraged                       B) encouraging
21.  I wonder what's making Kate so...... these days.
A) depressed                          B) depressing
22. She has an excellent personality, which makes her a much-..... person among
her friends.
A) admired                          B) admiring
23.  The rabbits were........ by the headlights of our car and ran In all directions as we
tried to avoid them.
A) dazzled                             B) dazzling
25. Keith has been driving around in a....... car for weeks. I wonder If he ever Intends
to repair it.
A) damaged                           B) damaging

1 yorum:

  1. 1b
    2a
    3a
    4b
    5a
    6b
    7a
    8a
    9b
    10b
    11a
    12b
    13b
    14b
    15a
    16b
    17b
    18b
    19a
    20b
    21b
    22b
    23a
    25b

    YanıtlaSil