19 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

CAUSATIVES


Complete the following sentences with the correct forms of the "verbs' in brackets.
Example: I (have) .. .... ..... my house (paint) .. .. . last week.
I had my house painted last week.


1) He must be rich. He always (get) ... ... ... his shoes specially (make) ... ..................
2) My father (get)...... ... .. his portrait (paint).......... .. . by a famous artist at the moment.
3) I (have). . .. ... ... this watch (adjust) .. ... . by the watchmaker last week hut it still goes fast.
4) My father is in poor health. I (have) .. . ....... . .him (examine) ............ by the doctor tomorrow.
5) Now I must (get) ............. these answers (correct) ... .. ... by the teacher.
6) The poor wash their own socks, the rich (have) ... . . their socks (wash) .. for them.
7) I couldn't mend the chair myself, so I (have).... ....... .... ... it (do)....................by the carpenter
8) People who are very ill (have) .... ... everything (do) .. ... . for them by others
9) The button has come off and only yesterday I (get) . . . .. it (sew). .. ... on by my sister.
10) I saw him sitting in the barber’s chair. He (have) three things (do) . ...... ............. at the same time.
He (have)..................his hair (cut)................ he (have) his shoes (clean)...............and he (get)............his
fingernails (manicure)......................
11) The car is in the garage because I (get).. .. it (service)............... ...
12) I (have) .. .. . .... my eyes (test) .......... ........ last month.
13) I (have) .. .... ...... the sentences (write) .. ... .. on the board now.
14) The farmer (get) ........ .. .. his animals (feed) .. ... .. . twice a day.
15) My father (have) .. .. .. the milk-pails (sterilise) ...... . next week.
16) Judy (get)-- ----- - her wedding dress (make) .. .. by a fashion shop last week.
17) I wish I (have) ... ...... ........... the roof (repair).. .. . ... last year.
18) he writes his reports in English. and then (get)..........them (translate) into French.
19) If you don't gel out of the house, I (have) ... . you (arrest) . ... ...
20) They (have) . .... .. .... a swimming-pool (build) ... .. ... now.
21) We (get).. .... .. ... these floors (polish). ... ... at least once a year.
22) I (have) . ... ............ my hair (cut) .. .. .. when (he lire bell rang.
23) You must (have) . . ... . your luggage (weigh) ... .... .. at the airport.
24) She (have)... .. ... . the locks of the house (change) ... .. if she had been sensible.
25) My sister (get) ...... .... a couple of dresses (make) . .. ... .before she goes to the United States
of America.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder