19 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

I WISH


Make a comment for each of the following situations using the structure below to express your wishes for the Past.
SUBJECT + WISH + SUBJECT + THE PAST PERFECT SIMPLE
IF ONLY + SUBJECT + THE PAST PERFECT SIMPLE
Example: It is a pity that I spent all my money on clothes yesterday.
I wish I had not spent all my money on clothes yesterday.
I am sorry that I didn't tell him the truth last night.
If only I had told him the truth last night.
1) What a pity that I didn't work for that company until 1 got married.
I wish I
2) I didn't learn Spanish when 1 was in Madrid, and now I am sorry for that.
If only I
3) I left the house before my friend came and I am sorry for that.
I wish I
4) I am sorry that I didn't wear my new dress to Helen's party last night.
If only I
5) Lillian stole her friend's lighter last week, and now she feels very sorry for it.
Lillian wishes she
6) Tina has just painted the door red. Now she thinks that it doesn’t look nice.
If only Tina
7) Gila mixed up all kinds of drinks last night, and now she has got a terrible headache.
Gila wishes she
8) It is a pity that my father got wet, because he had not taken his umbrella yesterday
If only my father
9) Lucy didn't look after her mother when she was sick, and now she is sorry for it.
Lucy wishes she
10)It is a pity that they couldn't take any pictures, because they had not brought their camera.
If only they
11)I didn't get married to the girl I loved, and now I arn very sorry for it.
I wish I
12)I was rude to my friend yesterday, and now I am very sorry.
If only I
13)What a pity that I couldn't buy the car I desired, because I didn't have enough money.
I wish I
14)My sister got up very early this morning, and now she is very sleepy.
If only my sister

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder