19 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

GENERAL TENSES


Complete the following sentences with the correct forms of the "verbs" in brackets.
Example: I (make)........... .......... a lot of friends since I come........to Istanbul
I have made a lot of friends since 1 came to Istanbul.
1) Why (you/look) ................................................. at me like that? Have I said something wrong?
2) The River Amazon (flow) ............................................. into the Pacific Ocean.
3) Look! Somebody (climb) .. ..... .... ... ..... ...up that tree over there.
4) I will have eaten my dinner by the lime they (come) .. .. ... ... .. ..here.
5) The teacher (be) ........................................... at the meeting two days ago.
6) I (phone)... .... ... ...... ... .. you as soon as 1 arrive in London.
7) We (just / sit)..... .... ... .... .... .... down to dinner when a fire (breakout)............ ... .... ... ..last night.
8) The exam (already / begin)................. when they (discover)........... that one the exam papers (be). ... . missing.
9) Mr. Brown (usually/go)....................... to the theatre on Fridays. He (do).............that more than twenty years.
10) (you/meet) .......... ........ your English teacher? Yes, I have. I (meet) ................................. her yesterday.
11) (you/have)............................................... a good time at the party last night?
12) My feet hurt badly because I (walk) ........... .... .... ..... for an hour and a half.
13) My father (conduct) ............................................ an orchestra since 1997.
14) I wish I (be) ...... .. .. .. .... .. .. there to help when your mother (be)................... .... ..... .. so ill last night.
15) It is time you (go) ............................................ if you want to catch that train.
16) They (not / write) .... .... .... ... .... .. to us since they (go) .......................... ...... .... . to Madrid.
17) Tom feels tired now. He (practise) ... .... .... ................. his new guitar all day long.
18) He (teach) ........................ hundreds of students, but he (never/meet)...................... such a hopeless class like
this.
19) Mrs. Smith (often / drink) ..... .. .... .......... tea, but today she (drink) .... ... ... .... ... ....coffee.
20) The house (be)............................... very quiet when 1 got home. Everybody (go).......................................... to bed.
21) He (sleep) .... .................................. for ten hours. It is time he (wake up) ………………………now,
22) When we reached the bus-stop, we (see) .... .... ........ that the bus (already / go) ........ ........ ......... ..
23) I (make) ............................................... cakes. That's why my hands are all covered with flour.
24) What would you do if you (have).. ........................................... a million pounds?
25) By the end of the month we (work) .... .... ... .... ....... on this book for ten months.
26) The telephone (ring) .................................... .. for five minutes. Why don't you answer it?
27) They were all exhausted because they (work) . ... ..... .... ..... ... hard since morning.
28) She (hardly / enter) ......................................... the classroom when the exam started.
29) They (not / leave) ................ .... ... .... . the office until I had completed my report.
30) What a pity that I don't know her telephone number. I wish I (know) ................................... her number.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder