19 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

GENERAL TENSES


Complete the following sentences with the correct forms of the "verbs" in brackets.


1) Columbus (try)...... .... . to reach India for a long time when he (discover).... .. .............America.
2) None of the students (know)...... the answer to that question, because the teacher (not/teach)…….that subject yet.
3) I see that you (still/do) ..... .. .. ...your math homework. How many problems (you/solve)...... ... ...... so far?
4) This is the house where I used to live, but I (not/live) ... .. ... .. .. there any longer.
5) I (be). .. .. - -. in the cafe for nearly two hours when she finally arrived.
6) The accident happened after we (leave) ...... .. .. ... the restaurant.
7) I am on a strict diet. I (eat) ................................. ....... nothing but bananas for the last ten days.
8) I would rather you (not / say) .. .... ... .. .... anything about this to anybody, please.
9) If I (know) ... ... ..... ... .... .. that you (be).. ....... ............. ill, I would have visited you.
10)He told me that he (be). . .. ... ... .. in London for ten days.
11) I swear that there (never/be) ............. ............. ......... such a wonderful game of cricket before.
12) No sooner had she got onto the motorway than her car (break down). .............. ..... ..... . .
13) The Browns (buy)................... a big house in London last year, and they (live) ......... ...there ever since.
14) When I last (see).......him, he (live)…….in London .He (tell).........me that he (think of)…emigrating to Australia.
15) I posted the parcel today, so I am sure that you (get)........... it ma few days lime. It (usually /take)..........two days.
16) The watch you (buy) ... ............. yesterday (not/work) .......... I (lake)…….it back to the shop if I were you.
17) Do you mind if I (smoke) ..... ...... a cigarette here?
18) Your eyes were all red. (you/cry) .. .... ... .. .. when I (see) ................. .................. you?
19) What do you think you (do) ... ..... ... ... ... ? That's my car you (try) ................................... to get into.
20) 1 wish you (turn down) .... ... .. ....... . that music. I am trying to make a phone call.
21) Next Monday (be)........ ............................... a national holiday.
22) The President (only just/leave)...... ........ .... the Palace when a time-bomb (explode)........yesterday.
23) I cannot carry this heavy table. I wish someone (help).. .... ... .... ... ..me
24) You (not /tell)..........me that the buses were running. I wish you (tell). ..... me before I (leave)......... the house.
25) When the results of her medical tests (arrive) .............. she realised that she (not/be).. ... .... in good health.
26) He told me that he (be).. .. .. .. ... ... a waiter before (become) .. .. .. .. .... ... a taxi-driver.
27) They have been looking for the dog which (be) ... .. .... ... .. missing for three days.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder