19 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

GERUNDS INFINITIVES


Complete the following sentences with the "Gerund" or "Infinitive" forms of the "verbs" on the list below.

A. WRITE, TALK, LEARN, WATER, LISTEN TO, STUDY, PLAY, TAKE, DO, DRIVE
1) I am very good at ........................... ... ... chess. Nobody can beat me.
2) Do you like... .. ... .. .. ... ......... classical music?
3) Do you think it is easy ................... .... .. ... .... a foreign language?
4) My brother learned ..... .......... .. .... ... .. . a car when he was seventeen.
5) I finished .................... .. ... .. .... . the first few pages of my term paper.
6) He promised . .. ..... .. ......................... the flowers while I was out of town.
7) My mother fell better after ..... .. .... ... ... .... her medicine.
8) It is pointless . ... ..... ... .... ... .... .. ..a language if you are never going to use it.
9) Could you please sit down and stop . .. . .. ...... ..... ..... .... .!
10. My sister is busy ...... ... ... ... ......... ..... . her homework at the moment.


B. BE, CRY, PLAY, SPEAK, WAIT, POST, SPEAK, FIND, WIDEN, ARRIVE
1) There is always a traffic jam here. The road needs ... ................. .. ... ..
2) Taking care of the neighbour's house proved .... .... .... .... ... .... .. a difficult job.
3) I had a lot of difficulty ..... .... .. .... ... ............... another job in Istanbul.
4) After not...................................................... to each other for a year, they decided to bury the hatchel
5) It was rather childish of him ..... ... ... ....................... ... when he did badly in the test.
6) 1 would prefer .... .... .... .. .. .... .... ...here a bit if you don't mind.
7) Could you remind me .................. ................................. this letter?
8) I will never forget ....... .. .. .... .. .... .... in New York the first time.
9) I couldn't resist ... ... .. .... ... .... .... .. a trick on the teacher.
10. Why do you always insist on my .................. .. ... ... ... English all the time?


C. CHECK, WORK, BLAME, GET, INTERRUPT, FIND, TELL, DRIVE, ARGUE, EMIGRATE
1) I hope you won't mind my ................................... .. .you are having a chat.
2) I don't feel like ....................................................., so T will say no more about the subject.
3) The traffic policeman stopped the man for.... .. ... .. ....... ..... ... intoxicated.
4) It is not much use. ... ... ... ..... .... .... .... our defeat on the weather.
5) It won't be easy for Melissa ........................................................ a new job in London.
6) I am interested in ....................................................... to Canada.
7) Remember... ........ ...... ... .. ...your answers before you leave the exam room.
8) I regret... ... .... ........ ... ......... you that I will not be able to atlend the reception next week.
9) It means ................................................. a raise or being thrown out of the office.
10) My parents always encourage me ..... .... .... ..... .... ... . as hard as I can.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder