19 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

CONJUNCTIONS



AS         IN CASE        UNTIL         AS LONG AS        ALTHOUGH
AFTER       SO THAT      WHILE      WHENEVER       SINCE (BECAUSE)
1. I have to be well-dressed ......... .. ..... ... ....... I can make a good impression on people.
2. We took some food ..................... .... ... we got hungry on the journey
3. ...... ..... .................... John drinks coffee, he gels a headache.
4. You can borrow the calculator ................... .... ... ..you bring it back.
5. ...... ..... .................. I had entered (he room, I took off my coat.
6. Please do not turn the paper over .... ... .................. I tell you to begin.
7. You are to do exactly.. .... ....................... . I say
8. Christina got the job .................... .... ....... she was not well qualified.
9. My mother was mending my socks .......... ..................... . I was doing my homework.
10. ................ .... ..... you have got the highest mark, you will gel the prize.


 IF       THAT     NOW THAT       BECAUSE        WHETHER OR NOT
AS        UNLESS       THOUGH       AS SOON AS      WHETHER / IF


1. I will not go on holiday ............. .................... ... you come with me.
2. I don't know ..................... .................... Patricia will be able to come to the party tomorrow.
3. They discovered .................. .. .... . many of the old beliefs are lies.
4. .... .................... ... . I was crossing the road, I was nearly knocked down by a car.
5. The film was good, but the ending was a bit of a disappointment, ......... ... ... ..........
6. ................. ..................... Hilary has a car, she can go everywhere she wants.
7. She turned the volume up .... .. .................... .... she couldn't hear properly.
8. ........................... ... .....John got home, he put on his slippers and started reading the paper.
9. Caroline may pass the exam........... ... .................. she works hard.
10....... .................... ... we go on holiday this year depends on many things.


C. AS     WHILE     WHEREVER      IMMEDIATELY                 UNTIL
SINCE             UNLESS             WHETHER           ON CONDITION THAT        FOR




1. I will lend you the money . ..... .. ..................... you give it back on Sunday
2. Peter has given up sailing ..... ... .................... ... he doesn't have enough money.
3. Don’t disturb me ........... ... .. ................. it is something urgent.
4. ........ ...... .. ................ the convict hides, the police will find him.
5. He took care of you .............. ... ................... you were ill.
6. ............. ......................... . she plays on Saturday depends on what her doctor says.
7. You have gained a lot of weight .................. .... ........ I last saw you.
8. .......................... ..... ...... it was very late, we decided to go home at once.
9. Those flowers will be in bloom . .... ... ..................... spring comes.
10. We are not going lo stop digging.. .. ...... .......... ...we find the ancient ruins.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder