19 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

RELATIVE CLAUSES 'WHERE'



Combine the following pairs of sentences making the second one a "Relative Clause" Use the Relative Adverb
"WHERE".
Example: This is the hotel. My parents stayed there (at the hotel) last year.
This is the hotel where my parents stayed last year.
This is the hotel at which my parents stayed last year.
This is the hotel which my parents stayed at last year.




1. I am eager to visit the house. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk was born there.
2. The shop was full of people yesterday. We bought the camera there.
3. The restaurant will be sold at a very high price. We spent the night there.
4. I am fond of the city. We had such a good time there.
5. The old man went to the hospital. His son is working there as a doctor.
6. I cannot remember the address. I sent the package there.
7. The room was very dark. The exam was being given there.
8. We went to the island. We lived there for a couple of weeks last year.
9. We had a cellar underneath the house. My mother used to do the washing there.
10. We went to the dining-room. My sister was busy setting the table there.
11. The house has been demolished. I spent my childhood there.
12. The hospital is a very good one. My father was treated there last year.
13. I would like to return to the town. 1 was born there.
14. Could you tell me the nearest place? They sell stamps there.
15. The child was abandoned in the forest. He was at the mercy of the beasts there.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder