19 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

GENERAL TENSES


Complete the following sentences with the correct forms of the "verbs" in brackets.


1) There (be)........ ........................ many students al the meeting tomorrow,
2) That child (be) . ..... .......................... ill. He (eat).......... ...................... ever since he sat down.
3) I wish I (learn)................. ............... French when I (be). .. ...................... in Paris ten years ago.
4) I (go).. ........................... . to London two years ago, but I (not / be)...... ....................there since then.
5) John (be) .................................. busy now. He (write) ........................ ....... a letter.
6) We (be)..................................... in Madrid for two months last year.
7) The wind (always / blow).............................very hard during the month of March.
8) He says that he (be)................................. here in a few minutes.
9) (not/make) ........................ ...... a noise here, children! My baby (sleep)........... ......................
10)If you (not /know) ......................the meaning of a word, (look).......................it up in a dictionary.
11)It is high lime you (make up)......... .your mind about (choose)......... .. a career. If you (not / decide) ............. soon,
you can never settle down to work.
12)Whenever her husband (leave).................. ............... on business, she feels very lonely until he (come back)
13) We (go) ......... to the circus last week. It (be).........very interesting for me, because I (not/be).......to a circus before.
14) I am sure my life (change). .................. .... a lot after I (graduate) .... „...„.„...„„.... ... from the university.
15) I (be)............... to the cinema twice this week, but normally I (not/go)........... ..... to the cinema so often.
16) I have noticed that since 1 (start)....... ...................... this course, my English (improve) . ... ............. ..... a lot.
17) It is years since I last (see)........ ........ .. him, so I may not recognize him when 1 (meet)....... ...........him again.
18) There (be) ................ .................. great progress in computer technology in recent years.
19) The project I (work)............... on at the moment (seem) ......... .............. to be difficult, but it isn't in fact.
20) Sheila (always / catch).......................... the 8.30 train, but this morning she (catch) ........................ the 8.45.
21) I (run into) ............ him at nine o'clock this morning just before the exam; I (not / see) ................. him since then.
22) I (ring) ... ...........................his phone for ten minutes, but nobody (answer).......... .................... it yet.
23) When Columbus (land)...........in America in 1492, he (not/know).......... that he (discover)............ a new continent.
24) When I(arrive) ... ......................... .. at the theatre last night, the play (just/begin)... ............ ................
25) I am very nervous because this (be) ....... ......... the first lime 1 (drive)................................. a car in my life.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder