19 Mayıs 2012 Cumartesi

GERUNDS INFINITIVES


Complete the following sentences with the "Gerund" or "Full Infinitive" forms of the "verbs" in brackets.
Example : In winter months, I really miss . .. .. ... ..... in the sun. (lie)
In winter months, I really miss lying in the sun. (gerund)
We are expecting. .... ........................ abroad this summer, (go)
We are expecting to go abroad this summer, (full infinitive)
1) I don't like.................................. alone in the house at night, (be)
2) We aired the room by ............................... ... the windows, (open)
3) Do you remember............... .. .......... to the seaside when you were young? (go)
4) I would like .... .... ... ............ you on behalf of all the staff, (thank)
5) Rana forgot. ................................. the lights when she went to bed. (turn off)
6) When I go shopping, I must remember .............................. some bread, (buy)
7) If you haven't got too much luggage, 1 suggest.......... ... .... .. the underground, (take)
8) It was very careless of you ...... .... ... ........ that coffee cup. (break)
9) I am considering ................... ......... my cousins in Mersin next summer, (visit)
10) I recommend you .... ....................... the time wisely, (use)
11) When I go on holiday, I like ..... ................... plenty of exercise, (take)
12) I didn't finish ........... ... ..... .... the room because I didn't like the colour, (paint)
13) The citizens are wailing for the Pied Piper ...... ... ... ..... their children back, (bring)
14) I told a white lie to avoid ... ............................... my wife's feelings, (hurt)
15) I don't usually like .... ... ..................... early, but I like ............ ... .. when 1 am on holiday, (get up/get up)
16) I can't help ... ........ ............... him when I see him. (laugh at)
17) I regret.... .. ................ you that we are not in a position to explain it. (inform)
18) Why don't you find something to do, like ...................... .... the car? (clean)
19) .......................... .. a degree enables you ........................ ... a better job. (have/get)
20) These children need ...... ....................... (look after)
21) I am fed up with.... .... ..................... this film on the television, (watch)
22) Brenda is very good at................................... phone numbers, (memorize)
23) She persuaded me .............................. in this play, (act)
24) It is no use................................. me the way. I am only a visitor here, (ask)
25) I cannot seem .................. ........ rid of this cold, (get)
26) Don't bother.... ........................... the lift, it is out of order, (try)
27) I cannot stand ................................... early in the morning, (get up)
28) She found it difficult........... .. .... ...... the busy street, (cross)
29) It was very kind of you .. ... ..................... me chocolates, (bring)
30) Those children are too young ...................... ....... themselves, (look after)
31) I am not hungry but I don't feel like ..... ................ anything, (eat)
32) I don't think it is worth .... ...... ... ..... .... government money on space explorations, (spend)
33) His impossible.. .. ... ... ... to Rose, she thinks she knows everything, (talk)
34) If your father gives up .. .. . ....... ...... he will live longer, (drink)
35) One of my main ambitions is .... .. ... . around the world, (travel)
36) I cannot afford ................... .. . a car at the moment, (buy)
190
37) If you want to stop . . ... ... .. ., try . .. ........... ...... gum instead, (smoke/chew)
38) The athlete tried ... ......... . .. the world record but he failed, (break)
39) Tom Cruise was very excited about……………..the Academy Award, (receive)
40) After .. .. .. .. the agenda, we went on discuss finance, (approve)
41) She is always the first........................... and the last . ..... ...... ............. (arrive /leave)
42) I don't fancy .. .. .. .. ... for a walk in the rain, (go)
43) The teacher doesn't permit ... ........... .. . during the exam, (talk)
44) The best thing is .. .... .. .. your local library, (ring up)
45) I like .................... .... every day, it keeps me fit. (exercise)
46) They were delighted.. .. ... ... ..... .. their father standing on the deck of the ship, (see)
47) It was very thoughtless of you ...... ............... such things to a sick old man. (say)
48) I chose .. ... ........... on the island because of my health, (live)
49) I was busy. .. .. ... .. the letter when the boss came, (type)
50) The captain ordered the passengers .. .. ...... .. . the ship, (abandon)
51) Muge is very fond of......................... chocolates, (cat)
52) This seems... .. .... .. .. a serious matter, (be)
53) My father doesn't allow me ... .. ..... .. .... in the evening, (play)
54) I always remember .......... ............ .......... the door before I go out. (lock)
55) Are you planning .. ... ... ....... a vacation this year? (lake)
56) When you finish .......... ........ . the letter, could you please help me? (write)
57) If you walk in these mountains, you risk ... ... .... ... lost, (get)
58) My father suggested ..... ... .... ...... to the cinema tonight, (go)
59) Everyone tried .. . .. ... ... the car, but it didn't move at all. (lift)
60) I haven't decided what...... ............ ..... lo the party, (wear)
61) I was made ..................................... for two hours for an appointment, (wait
62) The apples keep .............. .. .. from the trees in my garden, (disappear)
63) I don't mind people ............................... about my family, (gossip)
64) These scissors need .... .. ... .... ... immediately (sharpen)
65) If you carry on .. ... .. ... ... .., I will have to ask you to leave the room, (misbehave)
66) This film is worth .......... .................. , I think, (see)
67) She cannot stand .. ......................... alone during my absence, (be)
68) She refused .... .............................. the shoes I bought yesterday, (change)
69) It is silly of you ...... ........................ time like that, (waste)
70) It is no good .... ............................ him; he is deaf, (shout at)
71) Don't forget................... .. ......... me as soon as you arrive home, (phone)
72) Angela asked me...................... ......... to the cinema with her. (go)
73) I'll take you to hospital. I cannot bear................. ... ....... you in pain, (see)
74) We are thinking of.................................... to Italy for our holidays, (go)
75) Do you want................................... tennis this afternoon? (play)
76) Linda suggested ...................................... a day in Paris, (spend)
77) Sally has decided ............... .................... him a new watch for his birthday, (buy)
78) Paul agreed ............... .................... it again, (not, do)
191
79) The children have really missed .. ....................... .... in your lovely garden, (play)
80) I think George is interested in ... .................. . a lawyer, (become)
81) ................................... a new language is very interesting thing to do. (learn)
82) There is a regulation which forbids .................. ............ in hospitals, (smoke)
83) Where did you get the money? 1 don't remember................ ...... ..... it to you. (give)
84) Bill carried on . .................. ....... when his friends went on strike, (work)
85) She stopped .................... ........... on her project when she became sick, (work)
86) You had better stop ............. ................... so much alcohol, (drink)
87) I am afraid you are not allowed .. .............. ...... in here, sir. (smoke)
88) I cannot help .................................. when I am tired, (yawn)
89) Please leave off.... ......................... the carpet; the baby is sleeping, (hover)
90) A good servant knows how .............. ................ table, (wait at)
91) I like ................ ................. in the new swimming pool when it opens, (swim)
92) Did you have any trouble ......................... ..... the hotel I mentioned? (find)
93) Advertisements encourage people .................... ............ more money, (spend)
94) Getting to work on time means................. ..... ........ very early in the morning, (get up)
95) She has abstained from ...................................... for a long time, (drink)
96) There is no ............. ..... ............. what will happen. Don't waste time talking, (tell)
97) Jane took three weeks .... ... ..................... her illness, (get over)
98) You will have no difficulty (in) .... .................... . this letter into Turkish, (translate)
99) You will find it difficult............. ................... this subject to the students, (explain)
100) The travel agent recommended our................................... near the airport, (stay)
101) I cannot put up with your constant . ...... ....... ...... (complain)
102) The teacher advised me .. .................... carefully, (listen.)
103) Your piano needs ............ .............. (tune)
104) You should practise .......... ... . ... English at every opportunity (speak)
105) Try ....................... .... the bell. Someone may be in. (ring)
106) I have never imagined the mountain .. ... .. .. so high, (be)
107) Do you prefer ..................... .. your letters to .......... ....... . .. them by hand? (type/write)
108) My father didn't want me ... ... ..... . a ballet dancer, (become)
109) I study hard, this means ... ... ... ...... a lot of time in the library, (spend)
110) You are supposed ... .. .. .. .. your parents without ... ... .. .. why. (obey / ask)
111) There is nothing ... .. ... ... .... us from .................... married, (prevent/get)
112) He slopped ............................... the map and then walked on. (look at)
113) I will never forget......... .. ... Rosemary standing on the balcony, (see)
114) I don't mind ..... .... ... ... .. in a lent if there are no snakes, (sleep)
115) I am sorry I forgot .. .................... the letter you gave me. (post)
116) Don'1 pretend ......................... ... him, you know you don't really (like)
117) [hate... .... .. ... .. any kind of sports on television, (watch)
118) Children should be encouraged .... .. .............. as early as possible, (swim)
119) I really appreciate your .... ... .. ... .. to help the poor, (try)
120) The main subject of the talk is how . .. ... .. .. crimes from ..... .... .... .. . (prevent / happen)

121) My friend suggested ........ ... .. .. a picnic on the. island on Sunday, (have)
122) I quit................................. comic books when I was twelve years old. (read)
123) I got the students .... .. .. .. .... the sentences three limes, (repeat)
124) The school doesn't allow .................................. here, (smoke)
125) I cannot imagine ................ .. .in a place like that, (live)
126) I would recommend you .. ... .... ..... ... Turkey in the summer, (visit)
127) We expect Jane. ....... .. .. .. in the office on Saturdays, (work)
128) The policeman admitted (to)...... ... ... .. . bribes, (take)
129) The teacher explained his ... .... .... ... .... ill. (be)
130) There were a lot of girls, but I favoured .. ....... ....................... with Lucy, (dance)
131) Why don't you forbid your daughter ..................... .......... cigarettes? (smoke)
132) Pedro claimed ........... ...................... the last heir to the fortune, (be)
133) How did you come ................................. her? (know)
134) Should I include .. ................... a diploma on my application form? (have)
135) I happened .. .... ...... ... .... . the teacher in the park the other day. (see)
136) Paola is not well enough ......... ..... ..... ... to the party tomorrow, (come)
137) It is boring ..................................... there doing nothing, (sit)
138) It isn't worth while . ............ .... . to Paris for only one day (go)
139) Caroline forgot when................................. the children to the concert, (take)
140) It is useless ...................................... roses in this kind of soil, (plant)
141) Mandy was on the point of...................................... Istanbul when we got there, (leave)
142) Will you excuse my .. .. ......... ..... early? (leave)
143) My sister went on.. ... .. .... ... .. about the other matter, (talk)
144) I meant..................................... married last year but I didn't have enough money, (get)
145) If you want to go to the cinema, it will mean .... .... .... .... . a baby-sitter, (get)
146) She asked me ...................................... the car in front of the house, (not, leave)
147) Stop..... .... .. ... ... of the window and listen to me. (look out)
148) The policeman warned my father.. .... .. .... .... fast, (not, drive)
149) I know him ...................................... honest, (be)
150) I don't understand your ................................ angry with me. (get)
151) The teacher cannot tolerate my ... ... ... ..... late every day. (come)
152) I would like you ...................................... your holidays in Italy, (spend)
153) I cannot stand your .... .......... .... ... so rudely towards my father, (behave)
154) If you gamble, you risk.. ........ ........... your money, (lose)
155) The puppies looked so sweet that I couldn't resist... ..... . .... .. them, (stroke)
156) I don't recommend ...................................... your summer holidays in Paris, (spend)
157) Heidi offered .......... ......... .... me a lift to the station, (give)
158) My father promised me that he would give up.. ..... ..... ...... ....(smoke)
159) I don't recall...................................... to have lunch with you. (promise)
160) I would prefer you .................................. at home, (stay)
161) I had a good time...................................... at the party (dance)
162) She explained to me what kind of food.......... ....... ............ (eat)

163) They keep (on). ........ .. .... ... their minds all the time, (change)
164) Helen mentioned................................... me on television last week, (see)
165) The baby appears ...................................... hungry (be)
166) I cannot forgive Julia for. .......... ..... ..... her promise, (break)
167) She heard the noise, but she was afraid .................................... downstairs, (go)
168) My sister is afraid of................................... in the dark, (walk)
169) What you do is . .......... .... .... .. the eggs with flour, (mix)
170) Can you imagine.. .... ... .... .... .. ten thousand dollars in the state lottery? (win)


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder